Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why I am how I am



So here is another secret. I'm still a closet (new) blogger. There are only two people that know I currently have a blog - my husband Mr K and my friend Mrs L. Yesterday we had an (email) conversation where she asked me a question I couldn't respond to. Why I didn't identify myself in my blog. I hadn't given it much thought but came to the conclusion that I just felt really uncool about my tastes.


At first appearances people probably think I'm outgoing and bubbly. What many don't know is that deep inside I'm really a quiet person who prefers to sit down with a good book then have a conversation. No I'm not anti-social but books don't require effort. My only conclusion to why I haven't identified myself in my blogs is that I don't want people to think I'm daggy! I know its a weird explanation but the only one I have :)


I love things that alot of people I know don't necessary like and I don't want them to think I'm a super dork. I love 'normal' things like fashion, jewelry and make up and I am quite girly but then I also like anime, young adult fiction or urban fantasy novels, and very indie/mellow music.


I guess with my day job comes a particular stereotype I must fulfil and its really not me. When I go to work I have my work persona, everyone thinks I'm outgoing and super friendly. When I come home I'm exhausted from being super bubbly but my job in 'media' requires it. Everyday I need to be able to sell myself and the organisation I work for. I love what I do but the work me is not really me.


I'm happy to say I'm not embarrassed about what I do like so I've uploaded my photo and can happily say that I am Ariana, 28, from Melbourne and I like comic books!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Now I'm feeling a bit awful. I didn't mean to out you lady. It's perfectly fine to be an anonymous blogger. Lots of people are. It's why I never mentioned your name in my post.

    On a completely separate issue, I do like your profile pic... Hey you should do some photo tips blogging. It's great when you're learning something new to share the experience with other people. I think it's one of the best ways for other beginners to learn. What works, what doesn't, tips, tricks, etc. I'm trying to start doing that with my sewing and stuff.

    ReplyDelete