Friday, October 22, 2010

Please call me secretary

So I have a pet peeve…what is going on with phone manners these days? How hard is it really to respond to a general courtesy question of How are you? I don’t know about you but with my job I can receive quite a large volume of phone calls each day. And at times I tend to pick up others landline calls when they are being held up. There has been many instances when let’s call her Mrs X calls for her husband and this is usually how the phone calls go:
Me: Good afternoon, Mr X’s phone. AK speaking.
Mrs X: It’s Mrs X.
Me: Hi, how are you?
Mrs X: Is Mr X there?
Me: He is currently with someone. Can I get him to call you?
Mrs X: Yes….hang up tone.
Now call me out fashion but when did manners go out the window? Speaking of phones I feel like singing now... 

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this clip before. It's great. A little Tarantino, a style which I happen to really like. Gaga is cool and Beyonce - wow! She's just so damn gorgeous. Thanks for posting it.

    Agree with your phone manners sentiments, but I don't think it's just constrained to phones. It's emails, it's texts, it's online chatting, it's face to face. People just don't care how they speak to others anymore or how what they say and how they say it is going to affect that person.

    ReplyDelete